Saturday, July 12, 2014

Project Pack and Play!

As most of you know, my husband and I are a one child family. So most of my beautiful daughters things will be sold, given away, turned into neat projects, or kept for remembrance! (: Her pack and play is the "turned into a neat project" one.

So pretty much, you absolutely need a Pack and Play for this. Once it's all done being used, you know you won't need it again, instead of storing it, make it into an awesome "getaway" spot!


Then, just cut the mesh out. It takes like 3 minutes. Just make sure not to cut too high and actually take the stitching out.


 Viola! You now have an open side that your little babe can climb into!


Mine was quite adventurous from the start.



Put a blanket or fitted sheet over the top to give it a nice roomy feel. Throw some blankets, pillows, toys, and books in there! Make it a nice place for them! What do you think they'd want in a getaway spot?


She didn't like the blanket over top. Might have to get a fitted sheet! Look at that face. Lmao.




Just crawled right in and took a nap! It worked amazingly. I ended up putting it behind the couch to give her more privacy. Since then, I've seen her several times in there reading her books.




And then our dog, Luna, naturally had to see what the fuss was all about. So she HAD to go in while Kara was napping to see if she was okay.



Our child just tends to sweat while sleeping, not to mention it was pretty warm in the house. Yet, she still wanted blankets. Thankfully, Luna made sure she was okay. She's a great guard dog!



And that's it! Super easy! Remember this is a place for them, not you. So put it in a private spot where they can get away. Make sure it's filled with stuff they love. It's such a great project and will last a long time! My daughter is AT LEAST 27 pounds, and our dog has to be about the same size (if not bigger than her) by now. So that's a combined 54 pounds+, and the pack and play is still standing and fine. 

Give it a try. Maybe once I get some materials, I'll make Kara a little teepee tent when she's older and we can have "campouts" in the house. 

Well, that's it. Kara loves it, I love the fact she's happy, and it's a great place to take a nap without having to be completely away! 

Let me know what ya'll want to hear about next. Another project? More health related stuff? More about family? Message or comment, and I'll get right on it!

Also, my husband may or may not be working on a project of his own. Such a talented man! I may be able to finally get that motivation up to write a book I've been wanting to write for a VERY long time. I'll comment more on it in the future once things are all set up <3

No comments:

Post a Comment