Friday, July 11, 2014

Biking, and why it's one of the best forms of exercise.

So some of you may know, but I LOVE biking. It's one of my favorite things to do. And there's lots of benefits. Once I get even more into it, I may just buy a bike and go riding. For now, it's stationary in the comfort of my own home. A good 5 mile ride isn't too hard to knock out. I'm working my way up to 12. I'm at 10 right now, so I'm almost there! (:

It burns calories like no one's business. Like said here: "A 135-pound woman pedaling 12 to 14 miles an hour blasts 488 calories in 60 minutes." And it's even more if you weight more. So burn those calories! It also boosts energy, tones all over (and you will get those killer legs ;D), and it's low impact. How could someone not like it when it has so many positive things about it?

For my fellas out there who read (if any of you even read this blog): Try this on for size. Thanks to Mens Fitness! Get to know the area around you, if you do it right, it can burn more calories than running, AND if you work close, ride your bike, don't ride in your car!

From Prevention Magazine, there's so many advantages. So many health benefits! And if you're a momma or poppa, they have child carriers and little trailers, so the young'un can ride along too.
Here are some links about it, but please always talk with your pediatrician first!
TravellingTwo post about baby bike rides.
bikeportland.org, who always has some interesting facts about biking in Europe!
And again, always ask their doctor. AND ALWAYS HAVE THEM WEAR A HELMET! It can't be said enough!

Not only are there health benefits, but environmental benefits too!

Save money on gas, and since most people work within 5 miles of home, why ride in a car when you can bike?!
Huffington Post article!

There's no air pollution when using a bike! How awesome is that?
Here's an article!

Just look at all these environmental benefits!

Lots of articles today! And I hope you all take the time to read them. Maybe once I get more into it, and we have some extra money, I'll get a mountain bike and a little trailer for Kara, and we will go biking. It's just such an amazing sport, exercise, and activity! I can't speak any higher about it. So go get that bike; stationary, road, or mountain!

Let me know about any further topics you all want to hear about! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment